Sunday, December 8, 2013
Thursday, November 28, 2013
01 - Uptown (2:24)
02 - Another Country - Another World (2:55)
03 - Frankenstein Twist (2:57)
04 - Oh Yeah, Maybe Baby (2:30)
05 - Please Hurt Me (2:18)
06 - There's No Other (2:34)
07 - On Broadway (2:21)
08 - What A Nice Way To Turn Seventeen (2:46)
09 - No One Ever Tells You (2:24)
10 - Gee Whiz (2:47)
11 - Look In My Eyes (2:50)
12 - I Love You Eddie (2:04)
Monday, November 25, 2013
- The Teddy Bears, "To Know Him Is to Love Him"
Surprisingly spare but still just as dramatic as his later productions, Phil Spector's first big hit came with his own group; that's Spector as one of the male backing vocalists.
- Ray Peterson, "Corrina, Corrina"
- His mastery of pop continues with this cover of an old folk blues standard, magically transformed with slightly Latin rhythms and super sweet strings.
- Ben E. King, "Spanish Harlem"
Spector proved himself a foundation of Uptown Soulhere, taking the former Drifters lead and reproducing the group's latter-day Lieber-Stoller sound to perfection.
- The Paris Sisters, "I Love How You Love Me"
A favorite act of Phil's, this San Franciscan girl group trio nailed the breathy, almost forbidden eroticism he was looking for on this, their biggest ballad.
- The Crystals, "There's No Other (Like My Baby)"
Barbara Alston takes the lead on this exquisite ballad, the first hit for Phil's new label, Philles. Later covered memorably by the Beach Boys.
- The Crystals, "He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss)"
Actually written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King from the POV of their babysitter, Little Eva of "Loco-Motion" fame, who had her own domestic abuse issues, this dark ballad horrified radio stations and temporarily derailed Spector's momentum.
- The Crystals, "Uptown"
An early example of Phil Spector overreaching pop radio -- too musically sophisticated, lyrically controversial, and emotionally adult to be the huge hit he needed.
- The Crystals, "He's A Rebel"
With the Crystals back in New York, Phil decided to cut his latest record immediately, hiring Darlene Love and the Blossoms to use their name. It ironically becomes both girl group's biggest hit.
- Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans, "Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts"
The least known of the Philles groups, they nevertheless had a few minor hits in a somewhat retro doo-wop vein, this being the biggest. Darlene Love is again sitting in as lead.
- The Crystals, "Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)"
The real Crystals this time, although Dolores "La La" Brooks takes over from Alston on lead.
- The Crystals, "Then He Kissed Me"
One of the greatest, most enduring, and most-covered girl group hits of all time, again with La La on lead.
- The Ronettes, "Be My Baby"
Phil finds a new favorite group, one which will eventually replace the Crystals, not coincidentally because he's become smitten with lead Ronnie Bennett. Perhaps Phil and Ronnie's signature song.
- Darlene Love, "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"
The hit Darlene should have had all along under her own name is a deep cut and the lone original on Phil's epochal Christmas album.
- Darlene Love, "A Fine, Fine Boy"
Love's last charted single, an sassy uptempo girl group shouter that inexplicably missed the top 40 entirely.
- The Ronettes, "Baby, I Love You"
The oft-covered followup to "Be My Baby" features Ronnie again on lead vocal -- but that's Darlene Love in the background this time, and, in one of her first pro gigs, Cher!
- Veronica, "So Young"
This, on the other hand, is actually the full Ronettes, although it was released as a single credited only to Veronica. An example of the times catching up to Phil's new adult style.
- The Ronettes, "Walking In the Rain"
Phil Spector's last hit with the Ronettes is one of their best, and sadly not a huge hit, though it did net Spector his only Grammy.
- The Righteous Brothers, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'"
Long by 1964 standards (3:45, though Phil cannily listed it as 3:05), structurally complex, and emotionally adult, this nonetheless became one of the producer's biggest hits. When Bobby Hatfield asked what he was supposed to do while Bill Medley sang the verses, Spector, with typical hubris, replied "You can go straight to the f****** bank."
- Darlene Love, "Long Way to be Happy"
Phil took the success of the Motown sound to heart with another unappreciated Darlene lead.
- The Righteous Brothers, "Unchained Melody"
Though it had already been a huge hit for several artists in the Fifties, the application of his "Wall of Sound" gave Phil and the Righteous Brothers yet another timeless smash.
- Ike and Tina Turner, "River Deep - Mountain High"
Though profoundly influential, Phil's brief stint producing Tina Turner (no actual Ike here) resulted in a truly epic single that nonetheless stiffed in the US, sending a depressed Spector into semi-retirement for a few years.
- The Ronettes, "I Wish I Never Saw the Sunshine"
Too much of a downer to be released in 1965, this ballad is still one of the producer's biggest, at least from a wall of sound production standpoint.
- The Checkmates, Ltd., "Black Pearl"
Coming out of seclusion, Phil returned to the charts immediately with this stirring, if already somewhat retro sounding, racial protest.
- The Beatles, "The Long and Winding Road"
Paul McCartney famously hated Phil's treatment of what had been a simple piano-based ballad. The massive strings and choir personified Spector's late period, however, and got the group one more #1.
- George Harrison, "My Sweet Lord"
George's All Things Must Pass triumph was largely due to the Spectorization of his simple yet powerful songs, though even Harrison eventually came to see it as overkill.
- John Lennon, "Angel Baby"
This outtake from John's retro covers album Rock and Roll, recorded during some very excessive times for both men, shows how the music had also grown out of control.
- The Ramones, "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?"
Phil comes out of retirement again to produce the originators of punk, a mismatch that nevertheless resulted in at least one thrilling retro homage.
- Starsailor, "Silence Is Easy"
This, Spector's last production, sounds more like Britpop than a wall of sound, but it showed Phil hadn't lost his touch with a great song.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
01. The Righteous Brothers - Little Latin Lupe Lu (2:13)
02. The Righteous Brothers - My Babe (2:41)
03. The Righteous Brothers - Georgia On My Mind (2:34)
04. The Righteous Brothers - Koko Joe (2:29)
05. The Righteous Brothers - You Can Have Her (2:46)
06. The Righteous Brothers - Justine (2:10)
07. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (3:44)
08. The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life (3:50)
09. The Righteous Brothers - See That Girl (3:11)
10. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (3:38)
11. The Righteous Brothers - Hung On You (3:21)
12. The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide (2:50)
13. The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration (3:15)
14. The Righteous Brothers - He (3:00)
15. The Righteous Brothers - He Will Break Your Heart (2:47)
16. The Righteous Brothers - Go Ahead And Cry (2:32)
17. The Righteous Brothers - On This Side Of Goodbye (3:05)
18. The Righteous Brothers - Melancholy Music Man (2:37)
19. The Righteous Brothers - Hang Ups (2:49)
20. The Righteous Brothers - Brown Eyed Woman (3:18)
21. The Righteous Brothers - Rock And Roll Heaven (3:32)
Sunday, November 17, 2013
collections of sixties music.......rule to stay in the group...we expect each
member to send in 10 uploads every month or they are removed... this is a sharing group......also new members have to send 10 uploads to the group to share before membership is approved...
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Click on the panels for a better view or to download artwork.
Gold Star Sessions 1962-66 [no label, 5CD]
Sessions and Outtakes. Very good soundboard. In mono.
I get a little angry when people say it's bad music. This music has a spontaneity that doesn't exist in any other kind of music, and it's what is here now. It's unfair to classify it as rock and roll and condemn it. It has limited chord changes, and people are always saying the words are banal and why doesn't anybody write lyrics like Cole Porter anymore, but we don't have any presidents like Lincoln anymore, either. You know? Actually, it's more like the blues. It's pop blues. I feel it's very American. It's very today. It's what people respond to today. It's not just the kids. I hear cab drivers, everybody, listening to it.
- Phil Spector, from "The First Tycoon Of Teen," Tom Wolfe, New York Herald Tribune, January 3, 1965.
In 2009, Phil Spector was convicted of killing actress Lana Clarkson (in 2003) and is serving a prison sentence of 19 years to life. He will be 88 years old before becoming eligible for parole.
But then, no one can deny Spector's mastery in the recording studio, especially in the '60s with his Wall of Sound at the Gold Star studio in Hollywood.
These tracks are for the fans. It's really a fly-on-the-wall experience as many of the takes or tracks are never complete - the recording stopped because "something" was off. But if you've ever fallen under the Phil Spector/Wall of Sound spell, this is a treasure trove.
According to Bootlegzone, much of the actual directing on these sessions is done by Sonny Bono.
Here is an excerpt of a Q&A between Gold Star's engineer/co-owner Stan Ross and writer Harvey Kubernik.
What was so special about the Gold Star soundboard?
It was all tubes. And when you have tubes, you have expansion and it doesn't distort so easy. We kept tubes on longer than anyone else. Because we understood that when a kick drum kicks into a tube it's not gonna distort. A tube can expand. The microphones with tubes were better than the ones without the tubes because if you don't have a tube and you hit heavy, suddenly it breaks ups. But when you have a tube it's warm and emotional. It gets bigger and it expands. It allows for the impulse.
Gold Star brought a feeling, an emotional feeling. Gold Star was not a dead studio, but a live studio. I've been in other studios that were 'too hot,' 'too lively.' Some that sounded like cardboard boxes. 'Too dead.' Gold Star had enough that if you snapped your fingers, or clapped your hands, you could actually hear it. So if that's the way your hands clapped, then your drum sound would be the same kind of feel. Our echo chamber gave it the wall of sound feel. It was smaller than most people knew.
Explain about recording in mono versus stereo?
Phil appreciated mono. But we did back up with multi-track. So, if he wanted to go back to the four track, he would. He never did, 'cause if he didn't hear it then it wasn't right. When it came to multi-track you could put everything on mono. The bass drum, the guitars and keep it. Once you have it on mono, it never changes. It will be the same on Wednesday then the previous Tuesday, the same sound. So when you do transfer from one track to four tracks, it's OK.
And to that you can add voices, never losing the quality of the bass drum track, because it's been transferred, it hasn't been disturbed. You took the mono and transferred it to track one of a four track, tracks two, three and four are for voices and guitar fills. You follow? Everything is a fresh generation. It saves you from having to overdub four generations. You have less highs and less sibilance. And, we didn't use pop filters and wind screens, we got mouth noises. Isn't that life?
Click here for the full write-up.
Click on the highlighted tracks to download the MP3s (sample rate 224 kbps). As far as we can ascertain, these tracks have never been officially released on CD.
Due to the size of some of the files, please be very patient when downloading the tracks. It could be that the server was very busy. Please try again later. Kindly email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter persistent problems downloading the files.
Covers "Be My Baby", Baby I Love You" and "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" in mono.
Track 101. Be My Baby - Take 1 (6.2MB)
Track 102. Be My Baby - Takes 2-20 (8.6MB)
Track 103. Be My Baby - Takes 21-24 (9.4MB)
Track 104. Be My Baby - Take 25 (5.4MB)
Track 105. Be My Baby - Takes 26-33 (14.9MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 105. Be My Baby - Takes 26-33 (megaupload link)
Track 106. Be My Baby - lead vocals/backing vocal take (5.7MB)
Track 107. Baby, I Love You - Takes 1-3 (9.3MB)
Track 108. Baby, I Love You - Takes 4-7 (13.2MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 108. Baby, I Love You - Takes 4-7 (megaupload link)
Track 109. Baby, I Love You - Takes 8-10 (11.5MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 109. Baby, I Love You - Takes 8-10 (megaupload link)
Track 110. Baby, I Love You - Takes 11-12 (5.0MB)
Track 111. Baby, I Love You - lead vocal take (4.6MB)
Track 112. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Takes
1-2 16-17 (8.9MB)
Track 113. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Takes
3 1-2 (2.8MB)
Track 114. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Take
4-9 3 (4.0MB)
Track 115. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Takes
10-18 4-9 (3.1MB)
Covers "Walking In The Rain" and "Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love" in mono.
Track 201. Walking In The Rain - Take 1 (5.8MB)
Track 202. Walking In The Rain - Take 2 (4.8MB)
Track 203. Walking In The Rain - Take 3 (3.2MB)
Track 204. Walking In The Rain - Take 4 (5.8MB)
Track 205. Walking In The Rain - Take 5 (4.3MB)
Track 206. Walking In The Rain - Take 6 (5.0MB)
Track 207. Walking In The Rain - Take 7 (6.8MB)
Track 208. Walking In The Rain - lead vocal track (5.9MB)
Track 209. Walking In The Rain - vocal track only (6.2MB)
Track 210. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 1-4 (7.7MB)
Track 211. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 5-10 (7.7MB)
Track 212. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 11-14 (7.1MB)
Track 213. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 15-16 (8.6MB)
Track 214. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 17-20 (8.7MB)
Track 215. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 21-23 (5.1MB)
Track 216. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Takes 24-28 (6.4MB)
Track 217. Why Can't They Let Us Fall In Love - Take 29 (1.4MB)
Covers "Chico's Girl" (with vocals by The Crystals), "Phil's Polka", "Uptown" (with vocals by The Crystals), "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", and "Hold Me Tight" in (mostly) mono.
Track 301. Chico's Girl - Take 1 (5.6MB)
Track 302. Chico's Girl - Take 2, vocal take stereo (6.0MB)
Track 303. Chico's Girl - Take 2, vocal take mono (5.3MB)
Track 304. Phil's Polka - Take 6 (2.6MB)
Track 305. Phil's Polka - Take 7-8 (5.0MB)
Track 306. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Take 1 (6.4MB)
Track 307. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Takes 2-4 (5.6MB)
Track 308. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Takes 5-13 (10.9MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 308. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Takes 5-13 (megaupload link)
Track 309. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Takes 14-21 (6.3MB)
Track 310. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Take 22 (5.5MB)
Track 311. Uptown - vocal takes on Take 16, Takes 23-24 (3.8MB)
Track 312. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Take 1 (3.1MB)
Track 313. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Take 2 (5.2MB)
Track 314. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Take 2 playback (5.3MB)
Track 315. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Takes 3-5 (7.2MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 315. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Takes 3-5 (megaupload link)
Track 316. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Take 6 (3.0MB)
Track 317. Hold Me Tight - Take 11 (2.6MB)
Track 318. Hold Me Tight - Take 12 (3.0MB)
Track 319. Hold Me Tight - Take 13 (5.4MB)
Track 320. Hold Me Tight - Take 14 (7.1MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 320. Hold Me Tight - Take 14 (megaupload link)
Track 321. Hold Me Tight - Takes 15-18 (3.9MB)
Covers "Hold Me Tight" (continued from Disc Three), "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", "Sonny" (vocal by unknown), "River Deep, Mountain High" (with lots of vocal takes by Tina Turner), and "The Boy I'm Going To Marry" (with vocals by Darlene Love) in mono.
Track 401. Hold Me Tight - Takes 19-20 (2.8MB)
Track 402. Hold Me Tight - Takes 21-24 (7.0MB)
Track 403. Hold Me Tight - Takes 25-27 (3.4MB)
Track 404. Hold Me Tight - Take 28 (4.5MB)
Track 405. Hold Me Tight - Take 29 (7.6MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 405. Hold Me Tight - Take 29 (megaupload link)
Track 406. Hold Me Tight - Takes 30-31 (4.1MB)
Track 407. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - Takes 38-39 (7.9MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 407. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (megaupload link)
Track 408. Unknown (1.1MB)
Track 409. River Deep, Mountain High - Takes 1-4 (10.5MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 409. River Deep, Mountain High - Takes 1-4 (megaupload link)
Track 410. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 5 (7.1MB)
Track 411. River Deep, Mountain High - Takes 6-10 (5.4MB)
Track 412. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 11 (4.5MB)
Track 413. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 12 (2.9MB)
Track 414. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 13 (6.1MB)
Track 415. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 14 (2.1MB)
Track 416. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 15 (6.2MB)
Track 417. River Deep, Mountain High - Takes 16-17 (6.8MB)
Track 418. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 18 (7.6MB - visit the html page to download the track)
Track 418. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 18 (megaupload link)
Track 419. River Deep, Mountain High - Take 19 (6.0MB)
Track 420. The Boy I'm Going To Marry - Take 2 (6.3MB)
Covers "Do I Love You?" (with vocals by The Ronettes), "Soldier Baby Of Mine" (with vocals by The Ronettes), "Wait Til My Bobby Gets Home" (with vocals by Darlene Love), "Da Doo Ron Ron" (with vocals by The Crystals), "Not Too Young To Get Married" (with vocals by Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans), "Frosty The Snowman", "Sleigh Ride" (with vocals by The Ronettes) and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (with vocals by The Righteous Brothers) in mono.
Track 501. Do I Love You? - Takes 1-2 (7.3MB)
Track 502. Do I Love You? - Takes 3-4 (6.0MB)
Track 503. Do I Love You? - Take 5 (7.4MB)
Track 504. Do I Love You? - Takes 6-9 (7.4MB)
Track 505. Do I Love You? - Overdub Take 1 (6.0MB)
Track 506. Do I Love You? - Overdub Take 2 (1.2MB)
Track 507. Do I Love You? - Overdub Take 3 (1.5MB)
Track 508. Do I Love You? - Overdub Take 4 (468k)
Track 509. Soldier Baby - Overdub Takes 1-4 (3.8MB)
Track 510. Soldier Baby - Overdub Take 1 (3.7MB)
Track 511. Soldier Baby - Overdub Take 2 (3.9MB)
Track 512. Bobby Gets Home - Run Through (6.1MB)
Track 513. Bobby Gets Home - Take 19 (5.1MB)
Track 514. Bobby Gets Home - Takes 20-21 (4.6MB)
Track 515. Bobby Gets Home - Take 22 (4.5MB)
Track 516. Da Doo Ron Ron - Take 20 (2.3MB)
Track 517. Da Doo Ron Ron - Take 21 (2.2MB)
Track 518. Da Doo Ron Ron - Take 22 (1.8MB)
Track 519. Da Doo Ron Ron - Takes 23-25 (4.7MB)
Track 520. Da Doo Ron Ron - Takes 26-27 (6.3MB)
Track 521. Da Doo Ron Ron - Take 28 (4.0MB)
Track 522. Da Doo Ron Ron - Take 29 (3.9MB)
Track 523. Not Too Young To Get Married - unknown take (3.8MB)
Track 524. Frosty The Snowman - String Overdub (4.1MB)
Track 525. Sleigh Ride - Overdub Take 2 (5.1MB)
Track 526. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - Overdub Take 1 (5.5MB)
The four-CD Back To Mono boxset (which includes A Christmas Gift For You) is a good collection of Phil Spector's work. Buy it here.
Monday, November 4, 2013
Posted: 12 Sep 2012 10:58 AM PDT
1. The Paris Sisters - My Good Friend (2:14)
2. The Paris Sisters - Long After Tonight Is All Over (2:33)
3. The Paris Sisters - Too Good To Be True (3:11)
4. The Paris Sisters - You (2:23)
5. The Paris Sisters - I Love How You Love Me (2:06)
6. The Paris Sisters - All Through The Night (2:03)
7. The Paris Sisters - He Knows I Love Him Too Much (1:57)
8. The Paris Sisters - Be My Boy (2:33)
9. The Paris Sisters - A Lonely Girl's Prayer (2:52)
10. The Paris Sisters - Let Me Be The One (2:33)
11. The Paris Sisters - What Am I To Do? (2:48)
12. The Paris Sisters - Dream Lover (2:40)
13. The Paris Sisters - Sincerely (2:13)
14. The Paris Sisters - See That Boy (2:27)
15. The Paris Sisters - Some Of Your Lovin' (2:48)
16. The Paris Sisters - I'm Me (2:57)
17. The Paris Sisters - It's My Party (2:42)
18. The Paris Sisters - Born To Be With You (2:17)
19. The Paris Sisters - Daughter Daughter (2:37)
20. The Paris Sisters - I Love How You Love Me (1:46)
21. The Paris Sisters - He Noticed Me (2:41)
22. The Paris Sisters - Help Me (2:17)
23. The Paris Sisters - Always Waiting (2:40)
24. The Paris Sisters - Why Do I Take It From You? (2:33)
25. The Paris Sisters - Lonely Girl (2:28)
26. The Paris Sisters - Huckleberry Pie (2:10)
27. The Paris Sisters - Baby, Honey Baby (2:40)
Monday, October 28, 2013
1. The Blossoms - Cry Like A Baby (2:50) 2. The Orlons - I Ain't Coming Back (2:18) 3. The Sherrys - No No No Baby (2:22) 4. Nikki Blu - (Whoa Whoa) I Love Him So (2:46) 5. The Sapphires - Gotta Have Your Love (2:16) 6. Sandy Borden - Deeper (2:31) 7. The Four Havens - Gee But He's Fine (2:11) 8. The Francettes - Heart For Sale (2:11) 9. Dee Dee Sharp - Comin' Home Baby (2:41) 10. Jan Bradley - Pack My Things (And Go) (2:25) 11. Carol Slade - I Wanna Know Right Now (2:23) 12. Carol Connors - My Baby Looks, But He Doesn't Touch (2:39) 13. Charlotte O'hara - What About You (2:14) 14. The Bunnies - You Don't Have A Heart (2:08) 15. Diane Christian - Why Don't The Boy Leave Me Alone (2:05) 16. The Cinnamon Angels - Let's Be Sweethearts (2:23) 17. The Del-Phis - My Heart Tells Me So (2:12) 18. Kendra Spotswood - Stickin' With My Baby (2:38) 19. Kelly Garrett - Baby It Hurts (1:56) 20. The Bonnets - Ya Gotta Take A Chance (1:49) 21. Little Eva - Stand By Me (2:32) 22. Ravita Marcell - That's My Man (2:02) 23. The Witches - My Little Baby (2:14) 24. The Darlenes - I Still Like Rock And Roll (2:37) 25. Kriss Anderson - The Sloopy (2:43)
1. Condition Red - The Goodees 2. Look in My Diary [#] - Reparata & the Delrons 3. Don't Drop Out - Dolly Parton 4. Little Things Like That - Suzy Wallis 5. Live and Learn - Joey Heatherton 6. I'm Thru - Carolyn Carter 7. Anything Worth Having (Is Well Worth Waitin' For) - Joan Moody 8. Love Kitten - Noreen Corcoran 9. Oo-Wee Baby - Doris Day 10. Please Don't Kiss Me Again - The Charmettes 11. (How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window? - Baby Jane & Rockabyes 12. Your Ya-Ya Is Gone - Tren-Teens 13. Hula Hoppin' - Idalia Boyd 14. Push a Little Harder - The Avons 15. That Boy of Mine - The Sherrys 16. Young Girl - Charmaine 17. Sometimes I Wonder - Barbara Brown 18. What Kind of Girl (Do You Think I Am?) - Erma Franklin 19. Mixed Up Shook Up Girl - Patty & the Emblems 20. Who's That Guy? - The Kolettes 21. A Friend of Mine - The Geminis 22. Oh, What a Night for Love - The Victorians 23. Hey There Lonely Boy - Ruby & the Romantics 24. Lonely Girl - The Lovettes
1. SHE'S GOT EVERYTHING - Maxine Brown - Maxine Brown 2. TO GET YOUR LOVE BACK - Nella Dodds - Nella Dodds 3. SWEET AND LOVELY - Candy and the Kisses - Candy And The Kisses 4. HAPPINESS WILL ONLY COST YOU ONE THIN DIME - Betty Lavette - Betty Lavette 5. HEY, TELL ME BOY - Marie Knight - Marie Knight 6. LET ME DOWN EASY - The Toys - The Toys 7. I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON TEACHER - The Fawns - The Fawns 8. YOU WON'T BE THERE - The Teardrops - The Teardrops 9. THE CHANGE - Ernestine Eady - Ernestine Eady 10. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO OUR LOVE - Maxine Brown - Maxine Brown 11. LOOKING FOR TROUBLE (ALT. VOCAL) - The Charmers - The Charmers 12. LONESOME NATIVE GIRL - The Sonnettes - The Sonnettes 13. THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES - Ernestine Eady - Ernestine Eady 14. HALF DESERTED STREET - Baby Jane and the Rockabyes - Baby Jane And The Rockabyes 15. HE'S A FINK - Silky and the Shantungs - Silky And The Shantungs 16. WISHING WELL - The Shangri-Las - The Shangri-Las 17. BYE BYE BABY - Goldie and the Gingerbreads - Goldie And The Gingerbreads 18. VOICE OF EXPERIENCE - Tammy Montgomery - Tammy Montgomery 19. HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO - The Shangri-Las - The Shangri-Las 20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (WHEREVER YOU ARE) - Baby Jane and the Rockabyes - Baby Jane And The Rockabyes 21. A CHANGE OF HEART - The Relatives - The Relatives 22. DREAM BOY- Nella Dodds - Nella Dodds 23. I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU - The Shirelles - The Shirelles 24. JOHNNY DRIVE ME HOME - Jackie Hayes - Jackie Hayes 25. A GROOVY KIND OF LOVE - Diane & Annita - Diane And Annita 26. MAKE THE NIGHT A LITTLE LONGER - The Shirelles - The Shirelles 27. I'LL SETTLE FOR YOU - Candy and the Kisses - Candy And Kisses 28. I LOVE YOU - The Teardrops - The Teardrops 29. DARK SHADOWS AND EMPTY HALLWAYS - Diane and Annita - Diane And Annita 30. TOO YOUNG TO BE FOOLED - Barbara and Brenda - Barbara And Brenda
1. Help Me - Mitty Collier 2. My Mama Told Me - Barbara Carr 3. Your Kind Of Lovin - Jan Bradley 4. (I've Decided On ) A Whole New Plan - Jo Ann Garrett 5. Pushover - Etta James 6. She's Got Everything - Sugar Pie De Santo 7. He's My Guy - Margaret & Carol 8. Just How Much (Can One Heart Take) - The Kolettes 9. This Time Tomorrow - Tammy Montgomery 10. As I Watch You Walk Away - Jean Dushon 11. How Long (Can I Go On) - The Kittens 12. He Makes Me Feel So Good - The Gems 13. You Gave Me Soul - Andrea Davis 14. Safe And Sound - Fontella Bass 15. You Really Know How To Hurt A Girl - Jackie Ross 16. I Let Myself Go - Geraldine Hunt 17. One Little Thing - Carol Vega 18. Is It A Sin? - Timiko 19. Pretty Little Words - Tawney Williams 20. A Love Of Mine - The Lovettes 21. Don't 'Cha Know - The Lockets 22. Party Across The Hall - Yvonne Baker & The Sensations 23. I Just Can't Help It - The Clickettes 24. You're Changing - Mary & The Desirables 25. Jing Jing A Ling - Honey & The Bees 26. My Baby's Real - The Starlets
1. Rhapsody - Tamiko 2. Groovy Kind of Love - Patti Labelle & the Bluebelles 3. Big Town Boy - Shirley Matthews & the Big Town Girls 4. Tomorrow Is Another Day - Doris Troy 5. If He Kissed Me - The Goodnight Kisses 6. Wise Guys - Shirley Matthews & the Big Town Girls 7. All or Nothing - Patti Labelle & the Bluebelles 8. Devil in the Dark - The Goodnight Kisses 9. Willow Wept - The Heartbreakers 10. Jimmy Boy - Carol Shaw 11. My Girlfriend Asked Me - Carole Forrest 12. Dip-Da-Dip (I Want to Be His Girl) - Angela Martin 13. (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Darlene Paul 14. You Had Time - The Heartbreakers 15. In Paradise - The Cookies 16. Untrue Love - The Bobbettes 17. Gossip - The Tiffanys 18. Beating of My Heart - The Dorelles 19. Everybody Dance - Lydia Marcelle 20. At the Party - Tami Lynn 21. Private Property - Shirley Matthews & the Big Town Girls 22. You'd Better Stop - Doris Troy 23. Walking in Different Circles - Goldie & the Gingerbreads 24. Friday Kind of Monday - The Meantime 25. Lovin' Valentine - April Stevens 26. Teach Me Tiger '65 - April Stevens
1. LOST - The Darlettes 2. (MAKE IT LAST) TAKE YOUR TIME - Barbara Mills 3. LITTLE BABY - Kathy Lynn & the Playboys 4. I HAVE FEELINGS TOO - Denita James 5. HANG IT UP - Joy Dawn 6. THE GREATEST - The Percells 7. HE'S MY SPECIAL BOY - Kathy Lynn & the Playboys 8. WALKIN' MY BABY - Sue Thompson 9. WALK TALL (LIKE A MAN) - The 2 Of Clubs 10. NO MORE TEARS - The Sweethearts 11. SUGAR PLUM (GIVE ME SOME) - Little Eva 12. CUPID'S GOT A HOLD ON ME - The Belles 13. YES I KNOW - The Ladybirds 14. WHOA WHOA BABY TAKE IT SLOW - Tutti Hill 15. EVERY BOY AND EVERY GIRL - The Chiffons 16. I'M NOT GONNA WORRY ('CAUSE I KNOW HE'S MINE) - The Cinnamons 17. THAT'S NO WAY TO SPEND MY TIME - The Pen-etts 18. MY IMAGINARY GUY - Deanie Parker & the Valadors 19. BIG TIME OPERATOR - Joan Moody 20. CAPTURED BY YOUR LOVE - Felice Taylor 21. HE'S SO FINE - Beverly Warren 22. LONELY LITTLE BEACH GIRL - Carol Connors 23. HE BELONGS TO ME - Carol Connors 24. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEART? - Reparata 25. I CAN'T HEAR YOU (NO MORE BABY) - Pat Powdrill 26. JILTED - The Goodees
1. Tears Come Tumbling - THE TEARDROPS 2. Earthquake - THE FASHIONETTES 3. How Fine Can One Guy Be - THE JELLY BEANS 4. Hes My Boyfriend - KRISS ANDERSON 5. Trouble Child - BARBARA MASON (Vocal Accompaniment: THE TIFFANYS) 6. Sally Bad - THE UTOPIAS 7. His Lips Get In The Way - JOANI CAMP 8. Too Bad Hes Bad - BEVERLY WILLIAMS 9. My Sailor Boy - THE ZIPPERS 10. I Found Me A Lover - THE LOVELITES 11. Is It Love Baby - THE TANDELS 12. Cry Behind The Daisies (Demo Version) - THE JAYNETTS 13. Your Kind Aint No Good - THE MIRETTES 14. Youre Welcome Back - ANN HODGE 15. Hands Off - THE AZALEAS 16. Constant Love - BRENDA HOLLOWAY 17. Smokey Joes - THE JEWELLS 18. What Is Love - THE SHIRELLES 19. The Doolang - ANDREA CARROLL 20. Party Lights (Double-Tracked Version) - CLAUDINE CLARK 21. Moon Out There - THE PUFFS 22. The Doorbell Rings - MARRY CLAYTON 23. Where Have All The Boys Gone - THE PENNY SISTERS 24. That Boy Of Mine - THE SPARKELS 25. Woman In Love (With You) - THE SATISFACTIONS 26. Get Me To The Church On Time - BABY JANE & THE ROCK-A-BYES